Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

And...What Do You Have To Show For Yourself?

It's been almost one year since I was elected President. I can hardly believe it. I'm more than half-way done, where did this year go?! Coming into office i had so many goals and ideas about what our chapter could do and what we could accomplish! With a little more than 6 months left, I have a few more things on my to-do list!

I want to post them now so that next Fall when I pass the torch - or gavel - I can say "here's what I did, now it's up to you to make it better." That's the objective right? That we each - every member, officer, sister - bring something different to our chapters. We have different talents, skills, interests, and ideas. If we each leave a little something behind with our chapters, the next generation will take that and make it a little better, a little more effective. When they leave the next, after them, will do the same.

I'm not saying we can never be satisfied or that we are not successful, but I am saying that we should rest on our laurels, that we shouldn't get tired or even lazy. We shouldn't ever do things because that's how they were done, or "that's how we've always done them." Something might work for the chapter for a few years but as the chapter culture or "personality" so to speak, changes, so much our mays of doing things.

Here are my goals for the next 6 months:

1. Work on ways to develop leadership within our chapter ~ host a "Leadership Workshop" within our chapter for sisters interested in running for an office, utilize committee or event chairs for everything!! Any sister who is interested in a leadership role should be given the opportunity to do so!

2. Improve communication! The GIN system is great for our chapter but can be used more, the question boards, discussion boards, the ability for sisters to post things on the "wall" we need to use this better, but how? Update our facebook page and chapter website for potential members and parents. Hold event meetings so all the different officers working together can talk face-to-face.

3. More philanthropy events, fundraisers by class!

4. Greater participation!! I feel like sometimes our chapter does things because they have to, this is the thing that upsets me most, and sometimes something feels like it's missing. We need new means of motivation, new experiences that bring us together, new activities that are fun but structured enough that we can use them as a means of discussion or bonding.

5. More opportunities to get to know different sisters - Bible study, book exchanges, study groups, family dinners!


Here they are just a few more things on my to-do list! Any ideas? Any experiences? Throw them my way! I know how lucky our chapter is to have the amazing women we do, I want to make sure they're getting the experience that they expected and hoped for! I believe in my sorority, I believe in Greek life. What do you want out of your membership?! Let's make it happen!

Ready? GO!!

Love and Loyally

No comments:

Post a Comment