Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ode to Chapter Operations: C.O.B., I Love You

Dear C.O.B.,

Thank you!

Thank you for always being there for me when I've needed you - the binder in my dorm room, on the go on Pride Online (Manuals by Section of course!!). Whenever I have had a question over the last year, in addition to my sisters and advisors, you have been there all-knowing! Just when I think something is unique to our chapter, or that we're in an unknown situation - there you are with not just a page but an entire section dedicating to solving the crisis, fixing the situation, implementing the plan or building the chapter!

Thank you for the timelines, the transitions and laying down the law!

Love and Loyally,
Mary


Since I was elected in a special election at the end of the school year last year, I have a particular love for the C.O.B. Sisters in my chapter usually tease me since I've been known to give answers that include "In section _____ of the C.O.B., it says ______"
and although they might laugh, I know that when I can reference the C.O.B. on a subject, it's being done the way it's supposed to with no digression from its purpose or our values.

It's not just the C.O.B. I love, I love all of our officer manuals! They have answered so many of my questions and the questions of other women in the chapter, officers and members-at-large a like!

So I propose these few steps to make your life a little easier!!

1. If you are an officer read your manual. The WHOLE thing. Cover to cover. You will not absorb everything but you will become familiar with the manual and at least be able to recall things that you might have to go back to, to reference later.

2. Check the manual first! 9 times out of 10, I am asked a question and when I open the C.O.B. or the officer manual the answer is not only there but it is there bolded with a specific answer and its own section or chapter.

3. Manuals are our greatest resources! They are gifts from our Executive Offices or International Headquarters for us to use - they were all collegians once, and they know what they're talking about! Consider the C.O.B. the best advise we could ever get from CBG!!


<3 Love and Loyally

1 comment:

  1. Um, I LOVE this!! I was totally the same way when I was President last year too! My other known phrases were "Everything you need is in the COB/Pride Online". Keep up the good work sister :)

    ReplyDelete