Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

You Can Trust In It Always...

Alpha Delta Pi is a sisterhood, you can trust in it always.

This weekend was Formal Recruitment and quite the weekend it was.

3 days, 12 parties, and almost 400 amazing women.

I'm not going to lie, I was nervous - petrified even. This is only our second Formal Recruitment since our instillation and our first year without a stationed Leadership Consultant. Could we do it?

I was worried that my sisters wouldn't be able to convey what our chapter's values are, what we mean to each other... what if we couldn't find women who share those things? What if we found those women and they didn't find us?

But as always - my sisters beyond surprised me!

we spend a lot of time practicing for recruitment - our skit, our songs, but mostly conversation. Sisters are prepared to answer questions, have meaningful conversations with women they've never met, and to open themselves up to potential members.

All chapters do these things. So what makes us different?

Our love of Alpha Delta Pi and each other comes through when all else fails. It's easy to tell people about something you love, about the people to love.

I am so incredibly lucky to be surrounded by women who constantly surprise me, who take care of me, who never cease to amaze me.

Alpha Delta Pi IS a sisterhood, you can trust in it ALWAYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment